*I will do the audio
Based on the scenario in the Vila Health: Conflict Resolution media activity, create the type of PowerPoint presentation you would give to hospital leadership to prepare them to deal with situations such as the one in the media activity. Create a 5-10 minute audio recording in which you present the information in your PowerPoint deck.
Conflict is inevitable in any organization, in any industry, and at any level. Leaders must be ready and able to properly address conflict when it arises to minimize disruptions and minimize negative impact to employees. It is also important to remember that not all conflict is negative. It can minimize or prevent groupthink, which happens when team members are more concerned with cohesiveness and avoiding conflict than they are with high performance.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
As a health care leader, you will be called upon to resolve conflicts in your team and within your organization. You will need to manage conflicts that involve you and also handle situations where you were not present and were not involved. The media piece in the Vila Health: Conflict Resolution activity presents a scenario that you will review. After the review, you will prepare a PowerPoint presentation, accompanied by an audio recording, that you would give to hospital leadership to train them on how to handle situations such as the one portrayed in the media activity.
Conflict is inevitable among members of any team, but especially during high stress situations, such as sometimes occur in health care. As a health care leader, you will be called upon to resolve conflict on your team and within your organization. Not only will you have to manage conflict that occurs with you directly, but you also will have to handle conflict situations where you were not involved and not present.
Before beginning this assessment, complete the Vila Health: Conflict Resolution media simulation.
Create a PowerPoint deck with speaking notes for a presentation you would give to hospital leadership to prepare them to handle situations such as the one in the Vila Health: Conflict Resolution simulation. When you have created your PowerPoint deck, create an audio recording in which you present the information in your PowerPoint deck.
You are free to organize your presentation in whatever way you like. The following outline describes one way to structure your PowerPoint presentation:
- Cover slide: One slide that includes the name and number of the course, the name of the assessment, submission date, and your name and contact information.
- Introduction slide: One slide that provides a brief overview of conflict resolution as it relates to the incident described in the Vila Health simulation. This is the elevator speech of the simulation and captures an overview in a list format. Provide two short paragraphs in the speaking notes to support the points made in the list.
- Background slide: One slide that explains the background of the incident described in the Vila Health simulation.
- Analysis of the situation: A section of two slides that explains how a lack of cultural competence can compound already stressful situations and impede collaboration.
- Describe the communication techniques that were used in this simulation that should be avoided in situations that involve diverse cultures.
- Communication slide 1: One slide that lists at least two communication strategies that leadership can use to help the organization resolve conflicts like the one in the simulation. These should be communication strategies that hospital leadership should promote within the organization going forward to resolve conflicts like this in the future.
- Communication slide 2: One slide that explains the role of relationships in communication.
- You may wish to discuss relationships between leaders and followers and leaders overseeing teams.
- Communication slide 3: One slide that explains the role of communication in teamwork and collaboration.
- Application of literature to the case study: One slide that recommends strategies that could be implemented to improve the relationships between nursing and housekeeping in the Vila Health simulation.
- Summary: One slide that sums up the situation in the Vila Health simulation.
- References: This section should list, in APA format, the scholarly references used to support the communication strategies for conflict resolution and the role of relationships in communication.
For the recorded presentation:
- Use Kaltura or another software application to create an audio recording that accompanies the PowerPoint presentation. See Audio and Video in this Course in Tools and Resources for audio and video options.
- Do not read directly from the slides; instead, contribute additional information or elaboration on the content provided. You may find it useful to write a detailed outline, a script, or speaker notes on the slides as a reference for creating your audio recording.
- Length: The recorded presentation should be between 5â€“10 minutes in length.
- References: Cite at least three references from peer-reviewed journals, in addition to your textbook.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting for references and citations. Refer to Evidence and APA on Campus for more information.
Submit your PowerPoint presentation and a link or file for the audio recording in the assignment area. If you use Kaltura, refer to Using Kaltura for directions for recording and uploading your presentation in the courseroom.
Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in these activities, please contact DisabilityServices@Capella.edu to request accommodations.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Explain cultural competence and its relevance to health care management.
- Explain how a lack of cultural competence can compound already stressful situations and impede collaboration.
- Explain communication techniques that should be avoided in situations that involve diverse cultures.
- Competency 3: Analyze communication styles and their impact on teamwork and collaboration.
- Explain the role of relationships in communication and the role of communication in teamwork and collaboration.
- Competency 4: Analyze the impact of conflict in the workplace and ways leadership strategies can help resolve employee conflicts.
- Provide a brief overview of conflict resolution as it relates to a conflict situation.
- Discuss communication strategies that hospital leadership should promote within the organization to resolve conflicts.
- Recommend strategies that could be implemented to improve the relationships between nursing and housekeeping.
- Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others and is consistent with the expectations for health care professionals.
- Adhere to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Apply APA style and formatting to scholarly writing.