Businesses Respond to the Movement for School Safety
“Businesses Respond to the Movement for School Safety” case study response
Read the Case “Businesses Respond to the Movement for School Safety” at the end of Chapter 2 and response to the following:
Case study is last two page of attachment chapter 2
I am attaching case study pdf copy . and follow the instruction. The Case Study should fully answer and address the questions asked, and should model a well-structured essay. The best responses will include section headings, use strong topic sentences, and succinctly but thoroughly explain and provide examples for the response. There is no minimum word count but I would assume at least 1,500 words will be necessary. There is no maximum word count, however, you should be succinct in your ability to explain yourself. I would expect that you will use sources to fully respond to the Case Study, drawing upon the textbook and beyond. You should properly cite these sources. There is no minimum number of citations required but I would assume at least 3 sources may be necessary, depending on the Case Study. Please use your best scholarly and professional judgment.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- What was the public issue facing the companies in this case?
- Describe the “performance–expectations gap” found in the case. What were the stakeholders’ (community and school students) expectations, and how did they differ from businesses’ performance?
- If you applied the strategic radar screens model to this case, which of the eight environments would be most significant, and why?
- Apply the issue management process to this case. Which stages of the process can you identify?
- In your opinion, did businesses respond appropriately to this issue? Why or why not?
- If you had been a manager of one of the airlines or banks discussed in the case, what would you have decided to do (or not do) in the face of emerging public concern about gun violence in schools?
Answer previewCorporations operate in an environment with an expectation to actively respond to public issues. There has been increased pressure in the US and in the global business environment to respond to such issues that are highly contentious. The external environment is dynamic, and corporate decision-makers’ need to anticipate and respond to key issues to minimize the performance expectation gap for positive relationships (Lawrence and Weber, 2020). A performance expectation gap is a difference between what a company intends to do and the stakeholder’s beliefs, attitudes, and opinions. When an organization responds effectively to public issues, and in a stakeholder’s relationship, a critical value is built.(1723 words)