Characteristics of traditional German cuisine.
After studying Module 6: Lecture Materials & Resources, discuss the following:
Hyde Pfiefer, a retired 70-year-old German American, has lived in the United States for the last 50 years. A widower of 5 years, Mr. Pfiefer prepares his own meals following his wife’s recipes from the old country. Nine months ago, Mr. Pfiefer was told that his cholesterol is elevated, and he was instructed about a low-fat diet. His most recent test results show his values to be unchanged.
- Discuss the meaning of food in the German culture.
- Using the predominant health beliefs of people of German ancestry, how might you help Mr. Pfiefer reduce his cholesterol level?
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts. Your reply posts are worth 2 points (1 point per response.)
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
German cuisine is typically cooked with butter sauce, margarine, lard, or even bacon fat. Mr. Pfiefer did the same with his food when he halted a nutritional risk. High fat intake raises cholesterol (Stefan, 2020). The healthcare professional thus advised Mr. Pfiefer to follow a low-fat diet. To make sure that the cholesterol levels were drastically decreased, he was required to be monitored and have the contents in his food thoroughly assessed. I would particularly pick a food type that Mr. Pfiefer would utilize and advise as a healthcare professional. This food selection would focus on avoiding unhealthy food routines and selecting foods that guarantee a decrease in fat intake. Additionally, some American foods are low in fat; because acculturation is acceptable, I highly advise him to consider information about American cuisine.