Competencies for Professional Nursing Practice
Select one question
· Follow the discussion questions participation and submission guidelines.
· Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per DQ, with a minimum of three sentences each paragraph.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
· Minimum of two references, not older than 2015.
Chapter 4: Competencies for Professional Nursing Practice
1. You are assigned to care for Ms. C., an 81-year-old patient who was admitted today with symptoms of increasing shortness of breath over the last week. She is currently receiving oxygen through a nasal cannula at 3 L/min. You go into the room to assess her. You find that she is sitting up in bed at a 60-degree angle. She is restless and her respirations appear labored and rapid. Her skin is pale with circumoral cyanosis. You ask if she feels more short of breath. Because she is unable to catch her breath enough to speak, she nods her head yes. Which action should you take first? Why?
2. What do all of the following scenarios have in common?
3. You will be taking care of a patient in a nursing home for the first time. Your assignment is to care for an older man who has heart disease. In addition, he has five other medical problems and takes 20 medications. While developing a plan of care for this patient, you can identify 8 to 10 nursing problems. You have no previous experience with nursing homes, and most of what you have heard and read about them is negative. Will you find yourself dreading the clinical day and expecting a negative experience before you even begin?
4. Think about a clinical experience that was troubling to you. Reflect on what bothered you about the experience. What could you have done differently? What were the reasons behind your actions? Try to create and clarify meaning or a new understanding of the particular situation.
5. Beginning nursing students often tend to focus primarily on their routines, including to get their list of tasks done, including assessments, ordered treatments, daily care, and charting. What if an unexpected situation occurred during the day? Do you think you would be able to reason, plan, and take appropriate action—think critically?
Requirements: minimum three paragraphs
In nursing, health professionals should be competent in nursing practices to make sure they provide quality patient care. Most scenarios happening in healthcare facilities can indicate the level of competency held by nurses. For example, the following scenarios have something in common, which is safety. The first scenario is of an elderly male who is acutely confused and refuses to follow directions for his safety. Based on this scenario, the patient’s safety is diminished, and it is the nurses’ responsibility to make sure that the patients’ safety gets restored. The second scenario is where a teenager comes into an urgent care setting and request information regarding sexually transmitted infections. This teenager is concerned about his safety, so he wants to know more about sexually transmitted infections.
Best writers. Best papers. Let professionals take care of your academic papersOrder a similar paper and get 15% discount on your first order with us
Use the following coupon "FIRST15"
https://aceyourcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/logo-300x60.png 0 0 Milly June https://aceyourcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/logo-300x60.png Milly June2021-07-31 15:41:002021-09-04 18:44:33Competencies for Professional Nursing Practice