Epidemiology Paper about Communicable Disease Chain
Write a paper (2,000-2,500 words) in which you apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Refer to “Communicable Disease Chain,” “Chain of Infection,” and the CDC website for assistance when completing this assignment.
Communicable Disease I have selected
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Describe the chosen communicable disease, including causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment, and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence). Is this a reportable disease? If so, provide details about reporting time, whom to report to, etc.
- Describe the social determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
- Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. Are there any special considerations or notifications for the community, schools, or general population?
- Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collection, data analysis, and follow-up) and why demographic data are necessary to the health of the community.
- Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organizations contribute to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
- Discuss a global implication of the disease. How is this addressed in other countries or cultures? Is this disease endemic to a particular area? Provide an example.
A minimum of three peer-reviewed or professional references is required.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Answer previewInfluenza is a common disease that affects humans. According to the CDC, Influenza is one of the illnesses that cause high fatalities. Between 2018 and 2019, there were deaths between 34,400 and 57,300 that were associated with the flu. Between Oct 2019 and 30th April 2020, between 39 and 56 million influenza cases were reported in the US. The influenza medical visits were between 18 and 26 million in the country. Similarly, the influenza hospitalization was between 410,000 and 740,000 (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020). There were between 24 and 62 thousand influenza-related deaths in the US. According to Cordoba & Aiello (2016), diseases mainly affect the elderly, children, and individuals with low immunity. In most cases, the flu cases in the country are reported during the cold season, where it spreads rapidly among the people.(2782 words)