GENE Discussion Board Week 1
Compose a post that integrates a complete Bible scripture verse and transcends all aspects of the following question(s) comprehensively and collectively as a single post.
Group Discussion Week 1: What am I here for?
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
In chapter 1 of his book, Schmidt wants us to explore, “How are people transformed by Jesus Christ different?” while Crouch poses the question, “Why are we in the world and what are we supposed to do here?” and Badaracco asks us to search our hearts for the underlying motivations of our actions and ambitions, asking, “Do I have a good dream?” All of these questions touch on ideas about character, calling, culture, and service.
For this week’s discussion assignment, please evaluate each of these authors’ positions. Do you agree or disagree with them? Be sure to consider and integrate Scripture and the texts into your responses.
– Kouzes & Posner, pp. ix – 38, Foreword, Chapters 1 & 2
– Schmidt, pp. 11-47, Introduction & Chapter 1
– Crouch, pp. 9-36, Introduction & Chapter 1
– Badaracco, pp. 1-29, Introduction & Chapter 1
- Questions of Character: Illuminating the Heart of Leadership Through Literature (Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2006), Joseph L. Badaracco, Jr. (ISBN 1591399688)
- Culture Making: Recovering our Creative Calling (Downers Grove: Intervarsity, 2008), Andrew Crouch (ISBN 9780830833948)
- How Christianity Changed the World (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004), Alvin J. Schmidt (ISBN 9780310264491)
- Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006), James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner (editors) (9780787983376)
- The Holy Bible (any translation, but not a paraphrase (e.g., New Living Translation))
Schmidt focuses on the difference in people who have been transformed by Jesus Christ (Schmidt, 2004). I agree with the position of Schmidt because some human beings have changed character as a result of the influence of Jesus Christ in their lives. For instance, Mark verse 16 states that those who believe in Christ will be saved, but those who deny him shall be condemned (Bible, 2013). According to Kouzes and Ponser, the practice of enabling others to act promotes cooperative goals and strengthen others through a trust (Kouzes and Posner, 2006). Therefore, Jesus Christ has fostered collaboration among people to preach the good news, thus transforming their lives and characters.(422 words)