Based on the company you have identified for your Final Paper, discuss 1) the data that matters to the executives in that industry, 2) who, within that industry, needs that data, and 3) some methods for ensuring that the critical data gets into the users’
In chapter seven (7), we have learned from “The Path to Information Value” that 70% (seventy percent) of managers and executives say data are “extremely important” for creating competitive advantage.
In addition, it is implied by the authors that, “The key, of course, is knowing which data matter, who within a company needs them, and finding ways to get that data into users’ hands.”
Based on the company(Health and Medical Insurance Industry) you have identified for your Final Paper, discuss
1) the data that matters to the executives in that industry,
2) who, within that industry, needs that data, and
3) some methods for ensuring that the critical data gets into the users’ hands. Remember to respond to two other learners’ post, letting them know if they missed any data or details in their industry.
Please prepare one main discussion and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Textbook: Chapter 7 – IG for Business Units
Calderaro, A., & Craig, A. J. S. (2020). Transnational governance of cybersecurity: policy challenges and global inequalities in cyber capacity building. Third World Quarterly, 41(6), 917–938. https://doi.org/10.1080/
Setyadi, R. (2019). Assessing Trust Variable Impact on the Information Technology Governance Using Business-IT Alignment Models: A Model Development Study. 2019 International Conference on Sustainable Engineering and Creative Computing (ICSECC), Sustainable Engineering and Creative Computing (ICSECC), 2019 International Conference On, 218–222. https://doi.org/10.1109/
I will post other two student discussions here once you are done with main discussion.
Requirements: APA | Discussion | 2 pages, Double spaced
Please choose the industry as “Health and Medical Insurance Industry” and prepare main discussion. I will post other two student discussions here to prepare responses.
The health and medical insurance industry are a vital component of the US health system. It supports the government’s goal to provide an affordable and quality healthcare system. For instance, most insurance companies introduced insurance covers that support accessibility of affordable care and adopted reimbursement strategies that foster the delivery of quality health services. Health and medical insurance companies rely on the data they collect to offer their services to their clients and remain compliant with government rules and regulations.