This week we will be reporting on the interview with your APN. Along with the interview you will be investigating the Board of Nursing’s scope of practice and national certification requirements.
Identify the APN you interviewed and summarize the interview, which may include (if not in the interview, please address):
- Describe the organization and setting, population, and colleagues where your interviewee works.
- Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you plan to practice/work (and that your interviewee resides, if different).
- Examine the Scope of Practice for your state of practice and that of your interviewee, if different
- Describe the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role.
- Identify required competencies, including certification requirements for your selected role and that of your interviewee.
- This will be a 2-4 page paper (excluding the title page and references).
- Literature support is encouraged and points are assigned.
- Peer reviewed articles that are non-research and nursing organization websites may be used. All articles must be current (not more than five years old, unless it is a hallmark reference; e.g., Institute of Medicine (IOM) (2010). The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.
- Format your paper, citations, and references using correct APA Style
- The clinician I will be interviewing is Rebecca Aba PMHNP-BC, a nurse practitioner currently working in a mental health setting . She has 7 years of experience working in the nursing field. The interview process will take place on 1/20/2022.
Below are the questions I would like to ask Rebecca during our interview.
- 1. What are some of the reasons that made you to become an advanced practice clinician?
- 2. What are the common challenges as a practitioner and how do you handle them?
- 3. In what ways have you been contributing to patients’ positive clinical experience?
- 4. How often do you encounter unethical behavior throughout your practice? How do you respond to them?
- 5. What are some of the circumstances when you had to go above and beyond your described roles to offer exceptional services?
- 6. Are their situations where other healthcare professionals disagree with your treatment or diagnosis? What was your response?
- 7. What is the difference between how you handled clinical emergencies in the previous years and how you handle them now?
- 8. What is the most difficult aspect of working as an advanced practice clinician?
- 9. How do you handle stress at work?
- 10. What is your ideal work environment?
Requirements: 2-4 page
Family practitioners must have a doctorate in medicine, a nurse practitioner degree, and be licensed in New York. For a home health care practitioner, one is supposed to provide patient-centered care such as offering patients education, creating awareness about their health, relieving pain and suffering, offering the chance to participate in the decision-making process, and continuously promoting disease prevention (Ortega-Williams, Wernick, DeBower, & Brathwaite, 2020). Also, one must work in interdisciplinary teams such as working together, communicating with peers, and ensuring that all team members participate in ensuring patients get access to care. As a home care nurse, one must follow current clinical expertise patients’ quality health values and utilize health research data such as mitigating errors and supporting decision making using information technology.