Nursing Role and Scope
Nursing Role and Scope: Frameworks for Professional Nursing Practice
· Select one question as your DQ 1
· Follow the discussion questions participation and submission guidelines.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
· Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per DQ, with a minimum of three sentences each paragraph.
· All answers or discussions comments submitted must be in APA format according to Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.) 2009 ISBN: 978-1-4338-0561-5
· Minimum of two references, not older than 2015.
Chapter 2: Frameworks for Professional Nursing Practice
1. What are the specific competencies for nurses in relation to theoretical knowledge?
2. Think about the definitions of the metaparadigm concepts and the assumptions or propositions of each of the theories presented. Which of the theories most closely matches your beliefs?
Requirements: .doc file
Metaparadigm refers to the general concept of nursing as a discipline in the healthcare system. It provides a general framework that explains nursing through people, environment, nursing, and health concepts. However, these concepts have a different meaning in different theories. Among the theories presented by Masters (2020), the one that closely matches my belief is Reed’s Self-Transcendence Theory. This theory confirms my thinking that the health of human beings is more than relieving pain and illnesses. The concept of self-transcendence explains that humans adapt to the environment, which means that they may change behavior and spiritual beliefs depending on the environment. The concept of well-being indicates that health includes the feeling of happiness and hopefulness. Besides, vulnerability means that people are prone to the adverse effect of environmental factors that cause diseases.