Nutrition plays a vital role in a person’s overall health and well-being. Not getting enough of the recommended nutrients over the long-term can lead to malnutrition which often results in disease and illness.
In a 3-page paper, written in APA format using proper spelling/grammar, address the following:
- Define malnutrition and identify a specific disease that can result from it.
- Perform library research about the selected disease, and explain its physiological effects on a person’s body.
- Describe the relationship between specific foods/nutrients and the disease. Use the questions below to guide your response.
- Does research indicate that a lack of specific foods/nutrients increase a person’s chance of contracting the disease?
- Are there specific foods/nutrients that should be avoided by an individual afflicted with the disease?
- How do specific foods/nutrients work physiologically within the body to help combat the disease?
- Evaluate nutritional recommendations to help combat the disease.
- Cite at least 3 credible references and present the resources in APA format on the References page.For information about the impact of diseases on body systems and assessing the credibility of resources, consult the resources below.
The promotion of healthy lifestyles through proper diet has become a global concern for a significant period. Eliminating hunger by providing sufficient nutritional food to all is among the sustainable development goals currently pursued globally. Nutritional deficiency is a reality for hundreds of millions of children and many adults worldwide. Malnutrition is mainly a result of poverty or ignorance and has adverse effects on those affected. Several diseases are directly associated with malnutrition and are curable by providing the right nutrients to the affected person. Malnutrition is an unpleasant but existing condition for many globally and can lead to the contraction of diseases like kwashiorkor in both children and adults.