- Conduct a literature review and an issue related to Reading Comprehension Skills in the classroom. (Provide your own title)
- Have at least three resources. (see handout) 700-word count. (Omit 5-10 pages. But follow the reminder of the directions.)
- Justify why Reading is so important for students.
- Use at least 4 key measures to make your case. Be sure to cite your references to justify your selection, while assessing the key measures.
- Identify two key measures that can be improved.
- Provide at least one persuasive recommendation for each key measure you discussed
- Develop your philosophical statement on how the concepts of reading enhancement anDd struggling readers tend to learn how to read and to comprehend in the classroom. You are invited to reflect and discuss how your own experiences (past and present) inform your beliefs and values surrounding reading and inclusion. In addition, you are asked to discuss how your understanding of your identities (such as word awareness, syllabic awareness, onset-rime awareness, and phoneme awareness) around which you experience some level of understanding in the classroom is influenced by the course. Offer what course content or assignments added insight to this understanding. Close by sharing what you will do from here based on the learning in this course. A literature review is a written approach to examining published information on a particular topic or field. Authors use this review of the literature to create a foundation and justification for their research or to demonstrate knowledge on the current state of a field. Follow the format select topic for this assessment.
Requirements: 700 Words
One of the key measures that can be improved to enhance the reading and the entire learning process is incorporating technology into education. Digitizing education can motivate students to learn more and also enhance their understanding of what they read in class. Digitization makes it easier to use maps, tables, timelines, images, graphs, and other features that can enable students’ understanding and memory of a specific concept (Almutairi, 2018). These features also enable students to confirm the meaning of what was written in the text. Students should also be given an opportunity to develop their graphic organizers in an effort to enable them to confirm their individual understanding regarding the issue at hand. Secondly, teachers should heavily employ collaborative learning to enhance effective learning among students. Collaborative learning enables students to learn from their peers, making it easier to understand hard concepts and enhancing retention of what has been learned.