- Week 1 This week’s class discussion is on chapter 1 in the attached textbook and article. Please do the same thing for week 2 except week 2 discussions is on chapter 3 (page 45), Please write up week 1 and week 2 on different pages no cover sheet is needed just cite and attach links to each article for each week
- Find a recent news article (2015 or newer) that relates to the content discussed in that week’s class. You have broad discretion in choosing this article. The important part is that the article is, in some way, related to the week’s content.
- In a few sentences, provide a brief summary of the article (the key points, particularly those that you find relevant to the week’s content).
- Describe how the article is related to the week’s content.
- Describe what new conclusions, insights, or understanding you have about the article after considering it within the context of what we learned this week. This is the most important part of the assignment – the goal here is to integrate what you learned this week into the way you are thinking about this article to come up with new insights or understanding that you wouldn’t have had before understanding this material.
Requirements: 1 page
Generally, this article relates to the Chapter three topic, which emphasizes medication monitoring due to common dosing mistakes. The lack of knowledge on proper medication correlates with Dziegielewski (2010), who explains that inadequate awareness of appropriate medication administration affects patients’ wellbeing. Another issue is poor dosing, whereby a social worker fails to inform a patient how to consume different drugs, such as non-scored tablets and liquid medications. From this resourceful article, I have learned that mental health practitioners, among other social workers, should not assume that patients know how to use the prescribed medication (Dziegielewski, 2010). Notable, these professionals should constantly monitor the dosage, mainly for first-time users, and ensure they understand how to administer them.