This paper will require you to research a specific genetic condition. You will need to choose one genetic condition/disorder from the list below:
- Prader-Willi syndrome: This is a genetic disorder which includes of physical, intellectual and behavioral challenges.
- Angelman syndrome: This is a genetic disorder which physical and intellectual challenges
- Cystic fibrosis: This is a genetic disorder characterized by health problems with lungs and digestive system (Links to an external site.).
- Fragile X syndrome: This is a genetic disorder which includes intellectual disability, behavioral and learning challenges as well as certain physical characteristics.
- Rett syndrome: This is a genetic disorder affecting the nervous system, causing intellectual and physical disability.
- Tay-Sachs disease: This is a genetic disorder that leads to the premature death of young children.
- Turner syndrome: This is a genetic disorder affecting some females, it includes hearing, vision and infertility issues.
- Huler’s syndrome:This is a genetic disorder affecting intellect and has physical features. Premature death.
- Williams syndrome: This is a genetic disorder affecting development and health.
- “Cry of the cat.” This is a genetic disorder which includes severe intellectual delay , microcephaly, cat-like cry and distinctive facial features .
- Phenylketonuria (PKU): This is a genetic disorder which includes if not treated): Mental deterioration, hypopigmentation (blond hair and blue eyes)
- Sickle Cell Anemia: This is a genetic disorder which affects physical health.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Syndrome caused by the exposure to alcohol during pregnancy
- Tourette’s Syndrome: It is a neurological disorder characterized by repetitive, involuntary physical and verbal tics.
Questions to answer: 3 ½ to 4 pages long
- Which genetic disorder or syndrome did you select?
- Explain the history and causes of the syndrome (when it was discovered, how, by whom, where?)
- How can the syndrome be diagnosed? (tests? What type?)
- What are the biological characteristics and symptoms (learning challenges, intellectual delays, language delays, etc.…) of this syndrome?
- What is the prognosis? (is there a cure, can it be improved, can be prevented, does it get worse, life expectancy? etc.)
- Bibliography: List the two books or journals used for your paper..
- Did you use in text citations for each of your answers? Did you follow the question and answer format? If you answered, no, then revise and redo 🙂
Please pick any of the 14 disorders and answer all 7 questions. I’m looking to have questions / answer format. Thank you!
Requirements: 4 pages
These features can manifest themselves shortly after a child is born or show themselves as time passes. Individuals suffering from this condition have lower calorie requirements, primarily because of low muscle, reduced metabolism, and reduced physical activity. Due to this, they end up overeating, leading to extensive weight gain, and subsequently, become morbidly obese, especially when their eating is not controlled by those around them (Butler et al., 2019). The craving to eat is so high for such individuals, and thus, when they are not supervised, they might endanger their health by consuming harmful foods and excessive amounts of food. These individuals also tend to adopt unusual conduct related to food, such as hoarding and stealing food (Butler et al., 2019). Children with this condition also deal with varying degrees of cognitive