Requirements: 10 content slides
- Old age is a sensitive but very important phase where older adult care management is needed.
- The importance of older adult care management include:
- i) Create awareness of the changing behavioral and health patterns to nurses and other caregivers.
-Lack of this awareness leads to abuse, neglect and discrimination by their caregivers and kin.
- ii) The second importance is that it provides a platform where elder people can air their challenges such as property disputes and other forms of violence.
iii) Finally, it helps healthcare professionals and caregivers to provide care and assistance
– This enable older people live a life full of dignity, health, peace and economic independence.
[Slide 8 of 12]