Educators often rely on best practices to inform their own practice. However, the phenomenon of the education pendulum can make best practice appear cyclical. In this assignment, you will revise your earlier paper on the education pendulum and critique and assess current best practices in education.
- Refer to the Topic 2 paper “The Education Pendulum.”
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Present a revised version (1,750-2,050 words total) of the paper “The Education Pendulum” that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
- A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
- The revised paper that incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 1,250-1,500 words in which you address current best practices in education. This section should flow naturally from the revised paper. So, you may also need to revise your introduction and thesis statement to allow the ideas to connect. Write a paper of 1,500–1,750 words that addresses current best practices in education. In your paper, include the following:
- A research-supported discussion of current best practices in education. In your discussion, propose reasons why research-supported best practices are often not adopted by school leaders and teachers.
- A research-supported discussion analyzing the best practices and their contribution to education.
- A research-supported discussion of the future trends in education and what you, as an educational leader are doing and will do to prepare for these future trends. How does the phenomenon of the education pendulum influence your preparation?
Here are the Files needed.
Thanks So Much
Schools and curriculum centers are ingrained in cycles of perpetual change, which impact the educational leader, teacher, and student. Changes in the learning process are inevitable, and educators must commit to integrating tools and means that enhance the best experiences of the learners. Sometimes school reforms are at the center of political debates fueled by individualistic notions of policy over the cooperative models to enhance positive outcomes (Zajda, 2018). The cooperative models are reliable for school improvement and learning. Recently, information technology (IT) development has created a new education paradigm (Golubev & Testov, 2015). Generally, paradigms influence education design and learning. With network information technologies, earlier methods mean and content of education no longer align with the new paradigm. There is a significant transformation in education, from teaching to self-teaching and