Power Point Presentation
For the Final Project this month you are to develop a power point presentation on a minority group. The presentation is due by 1159pm EST on Sunday of Week 3. I want you to have fun with this project. Prepare the presentation as if you were developing it for and educational or workplace seminar.
- I suggest using several pictures throughout your presentation. Make sure to include at least one picture or graphic per section. A power point presentation looks dull with few pictures and a lot of text.
- I suggest putting the heading of each category on or before the slides in that group, so I know what category each slide is in.
- The project must be a minimum of 20 content slides, this does not include title, section heading, and reference slides.
- The citations must be in proper APA format.
- Please follow the order that is listed below. Make sure your slides stay in order.
Part 1 – Introduction of Minority Group: 2 to 3 slides introducing the minority group. This may include things like pictures, symbols, or any cultural characteristics representing the minority group you are researching.
Part 2 – Key Facts: 2 to 3 slides mentioning some of the relevant key facts outlined by the chapter or research.
Part 3 – History of Minority Group in the US: 2 to 3 slides describing the history of the minority group in the US.
Part 4 – Population: 2 to 3 slides describing the population of the minority group in the US.
Part 5 – Education, Employment, and Earnings: 2 to 3 slides describing the education levels, employment, and earnings of the minority group.
Part 6 – Stereotypes: 2 to 3 slides describing the stereotypes associated with this minority group in the US.
Part 7 – Strengths: 2 to 3 slides describing some strengths of this minority group.
Part 8 – Strategies: 2 to 3 slides describing some strategies for inclusion of this minority group.
Part 9 – Popular Culture: 2 to 3 slides describing some ways that this group is represented, or not represented, in modern popular culture.
Part 10 – Reference Slide: Please conclude your presentation with a reference slide.
This presentation is worth 20 % of your grade.
Click the title, Week 4 Course Project above to submit your presentation.
|Minimum Four (4) sources||20%|
|Proper APA format||20%|
- As the name depicts, most of most African Americans have African ancestry.
- The Ancestors of most of the current African Americans were slaves who were bought or forcefully captured from their African homelands
- Over the years, they have made lasting and significant contributions to the history and culture of the United States.
- Some of the famous pioneers of African American history include James Baldwin, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and Rosa Parks.
[Slide 8 of 23]