NOTICE***(Due Sunday by midnight at the end of week 3)
- This month you are to write a 1200 word research paper on concepts covered in this class and how you see them related to your own family life.
- This paper is worth 20% of your grade. As you read the text and do research throughout the class make notes of family systems concepts that you see illustrated in your own family life.You may use some of the concepts in bold print in the Weekly Summaries.
- You will identify each concept and tell how it applies to your own family system.
- Please use the APA format and cite at least four (4) sources. I have guidelines on using the APA format and citing sources posted in Student Resources for you.
- Please submit your research paper into THE Dropbox called “Family Dynamics Paper.” Follow the directions below for a step-by-step process.
|Assignment Requirements (Use as a checklist):
*Many students write a one or two sentence conclusion. Do not do that.
|Correct definition of concepts||10%|
|Statement of main points and thesis in introduction||5%|
|Properly indented paragraphs||5%|
|Content in introduction||5%|
|Content in body||40%|
|Content in conclusion||5%
|Balance – paragraphs similar in length – about 150 words||5%|
|Organization – followed format (intro, body, conclusion)||5%|
- There will be a 20 pt. penalty for writing less than 1200 words on this assignment
- There will be a 10 pt. penalty for each day the assignment is late. It is due Sunday, by midnight, of week 3.
- There will be a 100 pt. penalty for plagiarizing. This means a 0. If in doubt, cite, cite, cite.
*Last, but not least, if you have any questions, please ask.
|Parenthetical (In-Text) Citations
A parenthetical (in-text) citation is when you place the source in parenthesis ( ) right after the sentence you cited instead of waiting until the end of the paper. It helps the reader to
know exactly what sentences and paragraphs are taken from particular sources.
Place the author’s name and the source’s date of publication in parentheses immediately after the end of the cited material. If it is a direct quote, include the page number as well.
this the book i dont have it try looking it up online
polygyny, with some preferring to embrace sororal polygyny. This is a form of marriage where one man marries several sisters. Thobejane and Flora (2014) define polyandry as a marriage involving one wife and multiple husbands. Just as it happens with polygyny, there are different cultural variations of polyandry, with the common one being the fraternal one. It is a form of marriage where one woman gets married to a group of brothers (Thobejane & Flora, 2014). Even though my parents were in a monogamous union, they often shared stories of growing up in a polygamous family. Specifically, their parents (my grandfathers) had multiple wives who lived in proximity, but each wife had a separate house. The co-wives co-existed and shared numerous duties, such as caring for their children.