From any one of the situational factors, explore how you can identify how the factors may have “encouraged” you to do an unethical behavior.
How did you react to that situation?
If you had a chance to experience that situation all over again, would you do it differently?
summarize both articles.
1) Why did they conduct their study?
2) HOW did they conduct this study? What was their process?
3) What were the results of this study?
4) What were the major implications of their research?
Answer those questions in your own words for both research articles.
Be sure to explain how these articles fit into the topic of “Situational Factors of Ethics.
Readings are attached below: Rushing to Appear Virtuous: Time Pressure Increases Socially Desirable Responding & Blind loyalty? When group loyalty makes us see evil or engage in it
I want the answer for each of the discussion posts to be 2 pages long. I need it for a video where it can be at least 5 minutes long.
Questions for reading:
1. From the textbook (chapters 9 & 10): Name at least 2 different types of obligations you’ve experienced in your life. Have those obligations ever posed contradictions to each other in regards to ethical behavior? Give me an example. [2 types, 2 paragraphs explanations]
2. Why does the author incorporate “Moral Ideals” into his textbook? How is it relevant to ethical decision making? [2 paragraphs explaining moral ideas, and how they are relevant to understanding ethical decision making]
3. Give an example in your life when you’ve had conflicts between IDEALS and OBLIGATIONS. Fully flesh out the scenario you were in. How did the situation resolve? Are you proud of how you acted in this scenario? Use terminology from the chapters to receive credit for this answer. [at least 1 ideals, 1 obligation, and 2 paragraphs explaining the scenario and situation, must use terminology from the chapters]
Questions for video:
- Main theme of the video (in your own words)
- [1 paragraph]
- How does this video apply to our lecture on Situational Factors?
- GIVE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES
- [1 paragraph]
- Why would Dr. Walden assign this video for an Ethics class?
- [1 paragraph]
1 paragraph at least 4 sentences. Specific examples from the video must be given.
Requirements: Refer to the question details
Sometimes a person can find themselves in a situation whereby their moral ideals conflict with their obligations. In my case, one of these situations pitted my embrace of honesty (my moral ideal) and my obligation to my friend. Being honest generally requires being truthful to others and avoiding misleading or deceiving them (Ruggiero, 2015). My obligation to my friend was characterized by the expectation of mutual loyalty and trust, irrespective of the underlying situation. This ideal and obligation came into conflict during a night out with my friend that saw us attend a nightclub to celebrate his birthday party.
Unfortunately, our significant others could not join us for the night out. Feeling disappointed, my friend hooked up with another lady at the party. Moreover, after I noticed what happened, he requested that I refrain from saying anything to his girlfriend.