Write a minimum of a four-page paper, plus the title page and a reference page on the following statement:
1. To complete this Case Study: Reverse Logistics primarily concerns itself with recovering material and/or economic value from products which are at the end of their useful life. This class will familiarize participants with motives, theory, and practical application, using a variety of sources including textbooks and case studies as well as scientific literature.
2. Review Managing Reverse Logistics reading text and specifically, CH 3 Case studies. Choose a case Study, review the information and pull together the past exercises to develop your methodology and supporting methods to either agree or disagree with the Case Study. Explain your reasoning in an APA style paper of 1-2 pages. Write your Case study in a memorandum format, with a business header, Include the Case Study problem statement; You do not need to post Case Study Response to the Discussion Folder, You will be graded on Content, Understanding, Timeliness, Critical Thinking, Correctness of Writing.
– Readings: SPMR – Managing Reverse Logistics deBrito – CH 3; LO – 1-13
– Read readings your chosen Case Study.
– Then read your Case Study.
– Identify, assess, analyze and solve problems related to supply chain management Issues.
– Develop and apply research skills appropriate to the requirements of the unit and discipline
– Understand how the concepts of related management disciplines are applied in the development of Reverse Logistics problems
– Understand and apply the concepts learned to L&SCM problems and support their solutions with logical argument
– Communicate an understanding of the unit’s concepts and their application in written and verbal/ presentation media
– To develop individual intellectual inquiry and application skills
– To demonstrate the realization of these outcomes by achieving an adequate overall standard in the assessment process
Requirements: 4 pages: 2 pg explanation paper of case study and 2 pg case study
I have attached the book to choose the case study from CH3. I left it up to you which case study you would like to choose from. I have also attached my past forum posts if it helps.
The post had said a 2 pg apa style paper for the reasoning and the case study in a memo format
I agree with the proposed model in this chosen cases study. The proposed model supports the decision-making process in the TACs. It focuses on increasing the monetary benefit pertaining to refurbishing and reducing the scrapping of the reusable parts of devices like wheelchairs. One of the key components for this model is the age of the unit, which evaluates the number of devices since they were bought. Another factor to consider is the cost of disposal which evaluates how much the company saves after delaying the disposal of the product. The lifecycle focuses on the devices expected to stay. Other factors include the price, hours, and hourly costs. Basically, the model has managed to improve the efficiency of the TACs inventory, and TAC staffs are able to identify which devices. On the other hand, it has increased the monetary benefits by reducing units scrapped, and increasing units refurbished, repaired, and redistributed to other users.