Bullying at work place.
In this assignment, you will be writing a 1,000-1,250 word paper describing the differing approaches of nursing leaders and managers to issues in practice. To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Select an issue from the following list: bullying, unit closers and restructuring, floating, nurse turnover, nurse staffing ratios, use of contract employees (i.e., registry and travel nurses), or magnet designation.
- Describe the selected issue. Discuss how it impacts quality of care and patient safety in the setting in which it occurs.
- Discuss how professional standards of practice should be demonstrated in this situation to help rectify the issue or maintain professional conduct.
- Explain the differing roles of nursing leaders and nursing managers in this instance and discuss the different approaches they take to address the selected issue and promote patient safety and quality care. Support your rationale by using the theories, principles, skills, and roles of the leader versus manager described in your readings.
- Discuss what additional aspects mangers and leaders would need to initiate in order to ensure professionalism throughout diverse health care settings while addressing the selected issue.
- Describe a leadership style that would best address the chosen issue. Explain why this style could be successful in this setting.
Use at least three peer-reviewed journal articles other than those presented in your text or provided in the course.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
References to use:
– Emotional Intelligence in Leadership. (n.d.). MindTools. Retrieved from https://www.mindtools.com/
– Kumar, S., Adhish, V. S., & Chauhan, A. (2014). Managing self for leadership. Indian journal of community medicine: official publication of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine, 39(3), 138–142.
– Gallo,S. (2019). The importance of self-awareness in leadership. Training Industry Inc. https://trainingindustry.com/
Nurses play a crucial role in providing quality and affordable health care. They work on a 12-hour shift, manage multiple complex patients while often short-staffed, cope with trauma, work without adequate meals, and providing comfort to heartbroken family members (Kumar et al., 2014). Society depicts them as professionals who are selfless, compassionate, and have a sense of grace. Unfortunately, despite their reputation, most of them experience bullying. The American Nurses Association elaborates bullying to be unwanted, repeated harmful behavior intended to offend, humiliate and cause distress to the recipient. Moreover, it threatens nurse safety and sanity, patient safety, and the nursing profession’s reputation as a whole.