Culture and Healthcare Outcomes
the question and detail is below
This assignment is a formal paper. This includes APA format, title page, headings, literature review, proper citation per APA, logical sequence, conclusions, clarity, understanding of the topic, and reference list. The paper should be 3–5 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. The paper must demonstrate independent ideas and conclusions. At a minimum, the following topics must be well articulated in the paper. Remember that discussion of each topic requires citations that are current (less than 5 years old) and relevant. Please refer to the grading rubric for how your paper will be graded.
- Based upon current evidence-based research, explain how cultural competence improves health outcomes.
- Identify the differences between cultural awareness, cultural sensitivity, and cultural competence.
- Discuss why geographic regions, such as Appalachia, are often associated with a particular culture.
- Below is a list of five cultural factors that can have a significant impact on health outcomes. For each factor, give an example of how a particular culture (for example Mexican Americans) may affect the health and development of a pediatric patient.
- Health Beliefs
- Health Customs
- Religious Beliefs
- Dietary Customs
- Conduct a brief cultural self-assessment that includes:
- What culture do you identify with?
- How does your culture view diversity?
- Explain the impact of your culture on healthcare decisions.
- Explain how your culture views the dying process.
- Are there any particular customs, foods, holidays, and beliefs that strongly represent your culture?
Before finalizing your work, you should:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- be sure to read the assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA
Health is one of the most prized assets that a person could have, and this explains why the healthcare system is a key concern in public discourse. A significant chunk of these conversations often revolves around the medical and technical aspects of healthcare service provision. The inclination towards these facets is reasonable because personnel and equipment are critical for providing these essential services. However, healthcare is not a standalone field, and it is often influenced by other factors that fall outside the realm of a traditional understanding of medical practice (Singer et al., 2016). This paper discusses the impact that culture has on healthcare outcomes.(1310words)