Goals of document design
Please respond to two of the following prompts.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Explain what the five goals of document design are. Revisit an Internet site of a specific product you recently investigated. Comment on the use of color, quality of writing, and quality of the sitemap or index
- SmartDraw (smartdraw.com) is a company that sells a software package that creates business graphics. On its website, study the examples of the pie and bar charts. Comment on each graph’s strengths and weaknesses
- On the website, www.howstuffworks.com (Links to an external site.), search for the topic How Web Pages Work. Analyze the use of graphics. Are there enough? Are they clear and informative? Are they integrated with the text? What changes would you recommend?
- Explain why it is a bad idea to use one’s own company’s employees as test participants. What are other options?
- Minimum 150 words
- Include at least one reference from the text or outside source in your analysis
One of the goals of document design is to help the readers comprehend the structure and hierarchy of the text. They should be able to understand the relation of all information presented. Secondly, it should make a good impression on readers by reflecting on the professional standards of the writer. Thirdly, document design is aimed to enable readers to find the information they need through design elements such as tabs and color (Kitalong, 2014). Fourthly, its goal is to allow readers to understand the text through clarity of information. Lastly, its objective is to enable readers to recall the information presented by creating a visual image of the documents through imagery or bold lettering. The internet site I visited was www.bose.com/en_us/index.html, which explored a specific product, the Bose noise headphones. The site incorporated a black background to highlight the product while the writing was white. Also, it used proximity where the text was used to define graphics. The quality of writing applied was quite useful since it utilized contrast. In addition, the quality of the index was good since it employed accessing tools and a table of context.(403 words)