Mayo Action Plan- Strategic Planning in Healthcare
You will create an Action Plan. The Action Plan should be 1,000-1,250 words and focused on goal setting and the establishment of those goals. Identify two to three goals that you can focus on within your organization. By identifying only a couple we are wanting you to really explore and clearly identify all aspects that would be surrounding that goal and implementation. Please make sure to be detailed in your action plan. You will want to focus on the following:
- Goals and outcomes
- Is there a competitive advantage? Cost analysis?
- Leadership costs?
- Alignment with overall strategic direction?
- Functional area impact (Examples – Clinical Operations, Human resources, Marketing, IT, HIMS)
- Including alliances, affiliations, contractual relationships, etc.
- Organizational structure in place- current/future?
- Financial data overview
- Include a summary of what financial data you examined or would examine. For each financial statement, describe the specific factors that informed you or would inform you (net revenue, profit loss, balance sheet major).
- Include provider relationships as appropriate.
- Organizational structure
- Human resources
- Implementation schedule: Develop an implementation schedule that identifies the resources and competences in your department and describe how they are matched to the strategic initiative. Identify how your action plan aligns to the organization’s strategic direction.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant credible sources in support of your content.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Organization is the Mayo Clinic
Possible idea for Goals: ??
1. Avoid sending patients to a Mayo site of care whenever possible.
2. Hop off the consolidation bandwagon.
3. Cut costs—and pass the savings to patients.
Links to help:
Mayo is a leading healthcare system in the US with a strategic focus on improving healthcare quality and promoting care affordability. These action plans explain three key goals for the Mayo clinic to enhance strategic development. One of the strategic goals is to use digital health to replace the physical assets (Kimmell, 2019, August 12). The second goal is to hop off from the popular consolidation approach to enhance care offerings that are fairy unique utilizing the brand halo and high expertise. A third goal is to uphold cost reduction and transfer the saving to the patient to increase the affordability of healthcare services to remain necessary to the patients and achieve a competitive advantage. Mayo Clinic has a flexible organization structure, and all stakeholders emphasize on doing what is right for the patient (Noseworthy, 2014, July 23). Mayo has the personnel and facilities required to successfully implement this action plan. The organization’s income rose by 32% in 2018 to $9.5 billion in the first three quarters and has more than 5000 physicians (Ellison, 2018, November 19; Furst, 2020, February 25). The action plan is critical since the strategic focus of the Mayo clinic is to utilize the existing professional skills advanced technology to provide patient-centered care at an affordable cost.(1400 words)