- Based upon your acquired knowledge of the administrative structure and internship experience with your field agency:
- Identify responsibilities and qualifications of that actual position
- List key points for a professional reference letter about yourself that could originate with a professor.
- List key points for a professional reference letter about yourself that could originate from a supervisor.
- Evaluate your readiness to assume this position. State areas in which you need to grow.
- Integrate knowledge of the following in answering this question:
- making ethical decisions using the various codes of ethics in social work.
- issues of diversity, social, economic and environmental justice.
- managing personal and professional values in practice;
- advocating for individuals, groups, communities that have no voice;
- knowledge of social work with individuals, groups, families, organizations, and communities; evidenced based research.
- serving people with addictive behaviors in urban communities remaining professional by consistently assessing, reflecting and attending to the personal biases that impact treatment and recovery experiences and influence practice with people with addictive behaviors.
- What does competency in urban social work mean as it relates to the position you are applying for?
- How does this exercise impact your confidence level as an urban Social Work Professional?
no cover pages or references needed. Just answer each qustion
Safety inpatient care entails ensuring that no harm comes to the patient during providing care. I will need to know more about providing care and serving people with addictive behaviors in urban communities.Competency in urban social work entails being culturally aware of the urban population, their characteristics and needs. It includes having knowledge of the vulnerable populations and their geographic location, their health care needs, and whether they are any gaps in the services they receive.It is also important to consider the ethnic and cultural groups living within the area and know the interventions that one can provide to meet their healthcare needs.This will ensure that the healthcare services provided meet the needs of the people. This exercise helps in boosting my confidence as I am aware of the areas that need improvement and those that I can enhance my strengths. This ensures that I can effectively perform my duties and provide healthcare to the urban community.