For this assignment, you will create a newsletter for public health professionals with an interest in a specific public health issue. The newsletter must address that issue and include information about how to reach diverse stakeholders. These stakeholders may include educators, government officials, clinicians, patients, and others. Stakeholders may be diverse in background and literacy. This assignment can be approached from a clinical, administrative, academic, or research focus, but it should aim to inform, influence, and motivate behavior and policy.
Develop a newsletter related to this leading health indicator; mental illness and depression
In the newsletter, do the following:
- Discuss the history of the topic, including trends and primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
- Analyze the role of health professionals in promoting health, including how health professionals’ roles could be increased.
- Evaluate how globalization affects global burdens of disease as it relates to this indicator.
- Analyze the effects of environmental factors on a population’s health as it relates to this indicator.
- Evaluate communication strategies for communicating about this public health issue.
- Explain how you would determine the most effective communication channel for various audience segments.
You may use a Microsoft newsletter template to complete this project if desired.
The newsletter will be graded on content, subject relevance to behavior and policy, grammar, spelling, appearance, graphics, and color use.
Review the scoring guide before developing and submitting your assignment to ensure you meet all evaluation criteria.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should demonstrate the current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of three resources, appropriately cited throughout your newsletter and in your reference list.
- Suggested length: A minimum of four typed and double-spaced pages, not including the title page, reference list, or appendices.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Submit your paper and any other required elements to the assignment area.
Requirements: 4 pages
Dealing with domestic violence requires the cooperation and collaboration of all stakeholders. These stakeholders include law enforcement authorities, healthcare professionals, and communities. Educating people on the adverse impacts of domestic abuse on a victim’s physical and psychological well-being, coupled with the various resources and services available to victims, is very important (Graham & Brookey, 2018). Doing this will address this issue by dealing with the societal tolerance and promotion of this practice. Healthcare professionals and law enforcement officers should take point in facilitating the community sensitization campaigns. Communities in the United States are often quite diverse, considering they are made up of people from different races, ages, cultures, and education levels. For younger people, social media can be an effective tool to communicate with them (Graham & Brookey, 2018). As such, health care professionals can use social media to share pertinent information relating to domestic violence. Individuals from certain communities, especially immigrants, might not understand English. To overcome this language barrier, health care professionals can use interpreters to relay the intended message (Graham & Brookey, 2018). Doing this ensures that every person understands and internalizes the message being shared. Organizing community gatherings can also help healthcare professionals communicate with community members who cannot read and write.