There are different implications of running a company that is within or outside of the European Union. If you were the head of HOME DEPOT firm based in the United States, please answer the following questions, providing the rationale behind your answers:
- Would you seek to acquire a company within the European Union or outside of it? Why?
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the choice you made.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages inherent in the option you did not choose.
- Explain why an MNC may invest funds in a financial market outside its own country.
- Explain why some financial institutions prefer to provide credit in financial markets outside their own country
- Use the following outline to complete the assignment: Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methods, Discussion, Conclusion, References, and Appendix
- No Plagiarism
Grading Criteria Percentage Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear 35% Scholarly research which supports writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences. 20% Critical thinking: position is well justified; logical flow; examples 20% Structure: includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format and reads as a polished, academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable 10% Mechanical – no spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors 10% APA – deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual 5%
Requirements: 5-7 Pages
As alluded to in the introductory part of the paper, the European Union is one of the most attractive foreign investment destinations globally. Numerous organizations are using various expansion strategies to move their operations into the EU and gain access to its vibrant and large markets. One of the by-products of globalization is an increase in global and regional integration due to the free movement of people and goods. The emergence of the EU can largely be attributed to the desire amongst European countries to attain political and economic integration. According to Pollack (2015), the European Union emerged out of the need to come up with a single political entity that would prevent the emergence of future wars in the continent. By the end of World War II, numerous European countries acknowledged that another war in the continent would have extensive political and economic consequences (Pollack, 2015).