write a 5-6 page review, including a detailed and insightful discussion that includes the following: The movie chosen : 50 first dates
- Give the title of movie, a short summary of the movie’s plot and main characters.
- Provide a summary of the disorder portrayed in this film and describe the character in the movie with that disorder.
- Indicate which DSM criteria were and were not portrayed in the film. Were there other disorders that might be diagnosed? Which ones and why?
- Were any causes of the disorder suggested in the film? If so, what? If not, what do you think best explains the causes of their disorder?
- What types of treatment, if any, did the person in this film receive? Provide specific examples.
- Is this form of treatment typical? Was it effective?
- If they received no treatment, what do you think they would have benefited from?
- Analyze the portrayal of the disorder by the character in the movie.
its called 50 first dates with Adam Sandler
- Was the disorder portrayed accurately? Explain.
- Were the problems portrayed by the character true to the disorder? Explain with examples from the movie.
- Were the reactions of the other actors to the character realistic/authentic? Provide examples.
- Would you recommend it to others wanting to learn about the disorder? Why/why not?
Patients with such disorders have difficulty with daily life activities because they lack episodic memory and an awareness of self. Lucy’s autobiographical memory seems to function better appropriately for at least a day, as she can maintain a sense of continuity and recall events before her accident. However, her memory seems to need improvement. Patients with such disorders are treated through learning methods involving implicit memory that focuses heavily on repetition and practice (Cuncic, 2019). For instance, Henry shows Lucy a daily video about her memory loss and updates her about everything she has forgotten.