In today’s fast-paced and global community, most organizations are faced with constant change. Research contemporary organizations that are currently responding to a significant change within the industry, such as disruptive technology; state, government, or industry regulations; environmental constraints; judicial or legislative rulings; etc.
Choose one organization from your research that has recently responded to major change, or is currently responding to change. Write a paper (1,500 words) discussing how well the organization is responding to the change dynamics. Include the following:
- Describe the organization and the change to which it is responding.
- Discuss the degree to which the change has been disruptive and how the organization has responded to the dynamics created by this change.
- Evaluate the strategies the organization used in its change plan and determine the level of success the organization experienced with the strategies.
- Determine the effect the change had on stakeholders, and to what degree stakeholders have resisted. Assess how well stakeholder resistance was addressed.
- Evaluate the overall implications the change had on interdepartmental collaboration.
- In your opinion, how well did the leaders of the organization respond and prepare for the change? What worked and what did not work with the strategies they implemented?
- What modifications would you suggest the leaders of the organization make in order to better address the change dynamics? What additional strategies would you recommend to assist the organization through this change?
Prepare this assignment in APA format using 5 APA citation reference, within 5years with nursing content.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
The change brought by the tremendous rise in the use of e-commerce disrupted Walmart to a great extent. With the trend of digitalization continuing to increase, consumers are shifting their buying behavior and increasingly using online e-commerce, seeking low costs and convenience (Franco, 2018). Amazon’s e-commerce created a significant threat to Walmart because of the way its online market continued to rise. With its traditional retail system, Walmart could not have survived the disruptive change created by e-commerce without embracing digitalization. Competition in the retail industry became more intense because Walmart would compete with other retail companies like Costco and also e-commerce giants like Amazon.