For the final project, design an instructional lesson plan incorporating all of the learnings and emerging technologies you have explored in this course. Keep in mind the students that you will be teaching this lesson to and how best to engage them in the learning of your content.
Choose any content that you are interested in teaching and choose any grade level. Focus on the skill or concept and design the lesson integrating the technology. Refer to the technology project and the emerging technology assignments and incorporate them into your lesson.
The lesson plan should include details and should be between 5-8 pages. Spelling and grammar are of utmost importance.
Instructional Lesson Plan Components.
- Design for a blended learning model – face to face and/or virtual. Include the content, grade level and time span. Include details on technologies students need to have access to for the course. (1-2 pages).
- Describe how you plan to teach the lesson and how students will navigate through the learning. You can choose to create a table to provide details of the interactivity and timeline. (2-3 pages).
- Include audio/visual media that you have created to support teaching and learning. Describe how you plan to use it in your lesson plan. (1 page).
- Plan for an assessing student learning – quiz, project or visuals. (1-2 pages).
- Audio or video media to support lesson plan
- Presentations to support teaching.
- Website/online resources.
- Screencastify (free for 5 minutes)
- Google Forms
- Google Slides
- Google Doc
Requirements: 6 pages
The primary purpose of integrating technology in math teaching in 6th grade is to make the unit exciting and a little challenging for the students. According to Halpert (2012), students tend to be more enthusiastic about a unit if it involves using a computer in problem-solving. Therefore, the concentration level of the students will be high if I integrate technology into the subject. Math requires a high concentration level; thus, computers and other advanced technology will help me achieve this target.
In introducing technology in the unit, the instructor will endeavor to introduce the students to spreadsheets. Spreadsheets in mathematical concepts provide a sound basis for the organization of data which can then be analyzed chronologically and stored. The processes of spreadsheets will enable the students to understand basic mathematical concepts of the organization of data. The spreadsheet application is a computerized version of a manual paper worksheet that faces advancements in technology. The integration of technology in the unit will also endeavor to educate the students about ratios.