What are potential barriers to forming an effective relationship with families? What, if any, might be potential conflicts of interest?
- Your initial post should be at least 600 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
- You should respond to at least two peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts.
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
- Mauer, F.A. & Smith, C. M. (2013).
- Chapters 11-14
- Community and Aggregate Assessment (9:00)
NursingEducationRes. (2009, October 29). Community and aggregate assessment [Video]. YouTube.
Community Aggregate Assessment (Links to an external site.)
Online Materials & Resources
- World Renew Disaster Relief (Links to an external site.)
Disasters. (2021, May 13). World Renew. https://worldrenew.net/
Requirements: as instructed |
The relationship community health nurses form with individuals and families from underserved communities is vital. This is because these relationships will help community health nurses identify families’ health needs, and thus, come up with effective strategies to address these needs. Furthermore, these relationships can also help with the assessment of the efficacy of the strategies used to satisfy a family’s health needs. This paper has outlined and discussed a couple of barriers to forming effective relationships with families. Community health nurses should familiarize themselves with these barriers and come up with strategies to deal with them.