Find a dietary assessment tool that can be used either generally or for a specific alteration in health.
When you have found your assessment tool, answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of this tool?
- Do you believe that the purpose is fulfilled based on the questions being asked? Why?
- In what ways does the tool account for the individual perceptions and needs of the client?
- Is there a nutritional history included? What does it cover?
- Is the tool easy to use? Why or why not?
- Does the tool provide enough information to determine next steps or interventions? Explain.
The writing assignment should be no more than 2 pages and APA Editorial Format must be used for citations and references used. Attach a copy of the assessment tool.
Requirements: 2 pages
The 24-hr diet tool does not provide sufficient information to establish the successive interventions (Baranowski, 2014). Although the approach will evaluate the effectiveness of an intervention study in changing a client’s diet, it is not suitable for determining the next steps. It is because the concern for a differential response bias is imminent. The control and intervention groups may provide varying diet reports, which makes the following steps unreliable. The information gathered thus cannot be utilized in decision-making regarding a different approach to diet.