- Prompt: You will be writing a response to the Problem Statement for the research you plan to conduct. The specific requirement is completion of the Problem Statement. However, you may also develop further sections that are a part of Chapter 1 if time permits and submit them, along with the Problem Statement. If you are still unsure of your topic, submit your most recent discovery. The assignment should be aligned with the requirements of the Belhaven University DBA Dissertation Template. The short description from the template that pertains to the Problem Statement is presented below:
- All doctoral research aims at addressing a gap in the body of knowledge, as observed in the literature that surrounds the topic of choice. Once this is identified, the researcher explains it so that the reader is clear about the direction of the research.
The Problem Statement should include a minimum of five (5) sources obtained from reviewing scholarly research and embody five (5) to six (6) paragraphs. The five or more sources will be the foundation for your study. It is important to note that all supporting statements regarding your research must come from scholarly sources. No observations in your paper can be from personal experience. In addition to the required Problem Statement that will subsequently become a part of your proposal and ultimately the completed dissertation, the paper should include a narrative that explains your thinking behind the selection of the topic. The paper should be structured as follows:
- Introduction to your topic ((**The topic I have selected is Public Administration))
- Problem Statement formally written as you expect it to be completed in the proposal, including citations that point to the research that forms the foundation of your study. The Problem Statement, as a formal declaration, should not be in first-person or include personal observations. The scholarly writing should adhere to the expectations of the academic community and the American Psychological Association (APA) Publication Manual, 7th
- State what is your specific contribution to the knowledge we have today on the topic. Your research aims at addressing a gap in the body of knowledge, as observed in the literature that surrounds the topic of choice. Once this is identified, the researcher explains it so that the reader is clear about the direction of the research.
- Discussion related to your thought process for topic selection and the formalized Problem Statement
- If you desire to work on any other section of the Proposal (Chapter 1), include sections for each section you include
- Reference Section (including all sources used in the paper)
The paper should be a minimum of 5-6 pages, including all sections.
Requirements: Double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman font and formatted per APA 7th edition.
E-governance is highly dependent not only on the presence of an ICT infrastructure but also on the presence of a stable internet connection. Giri et al. (2018) posit that without access to a stable internet connection, people cannot take advantage of e-governance and m-governance to access vital government services. Technology is widely considered a rapidly evolving phenomenon, considering it changes with each passing day. Technological advancements have, over the years, led to the development of portable technology devices such as smartphones and laptops that can easily access the internet. Despite this, Giri et al. (2018) argue that purchasing these devices is quite challenging for many people in developing countries due to their costly nature. Many people in developing countries earn meager incomes, forcing them to spend the little money they have on attending to their basic needs such as buying food, paying rent, and buying clothes (Giri et al., 2018). Due to this, most of them have less leftover money to spend on smartphones and laptops, which they perceive as luxurious items and, thus, unnecessary. Furthermore, internet connectivity in developing nations is not widespread, especially in rural areas (Giri et al., 2018).