Write a paper focusing on discipline, employee rights, and labor relations in your organization.
- Are there clearly spelled-out formal procedures within the organization for handling discipline cases? What are they?
- What are the policies regarding employee violence or use of controlled substances in the workplace?
- What restrictions does the organization impose on employee free speech, surfing the internet, and unhealthy behavior (smoking or drug use) on or off the job?
- Describe your EEO and Affirmative Action policies.
- What methods and procedures are available for resolving employee complaints and grievances?
- (A labor union exists in your organization). Describe the situation and relationship between the union and management. What effect has the union had upon organizational decision making, efficiency, productivity, and the administration of HR practices and policies.
- What has been the relationship between management and union leaders (e.g., cooperative, neutral, cold, hostile)?
- Are all employees unionized? If not, what challenges has that presented?
- What suggestions would you make for minimizing employee grievances and improving the labor relations climate?
- To what degree and how does the organization support a goal of diversity in the workplace? Explain.
- Are employee cultural differences considered?
- What measures are in place to ensure compliance with EEO and Affirmative Action policies?
- Write between 1000 words using Microsoft Word in APA format (only the body of the paper counts towards the word requirement)
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, two references must be from EBSCOhost.
Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style
Requirements: 1700 words
Employee codes of conduct are crucial. This is because they formally outline the expected standards of behavior in the working environment, allowing organizations to regulate employee conduct and ensure the adoption of ethical behaviors and practices. Tesla has such a code. The company ensures that all employees have a copy of the code. One of the elements captured in the code relates to employees’ drug use of controlled substances at the workplace (Nagele-Piazza, 2018). The company’s code of business Conduct and ethics states, “the use of illegal drugs in the workplace will not be tolerated” (Nagele-Piazza, 2018). This indicates that employees are prohibited from reporting to work under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Despite this, the company’s CEO, Elon Musk, stated that Tesla’s policy allows employees to have a restricted amount of THC (marijuana) in their system during working hours,