Instruction Its very important that each part is divided as explained in the instructions
PART 1: What strategies would you recommend your employer implement to improve staff nurse recruitment and retention? Why would these strategies be effective?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources
read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Yoder-Wise, P. S. (2015).
- Chapters 13, 14, 15 and 21
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate/read the articles below:
- Mark, B.A., Harless, D.W. (2011). Adjusting for patient readings acuity in measurement of nurse staffing: Two approaches. Nursing Research, 60(2), 107–114.
- Laschinger, H. K., Leiter M., Day, A., & Gilin, D. (2009). Workplace empowerment, incivility and burnout: Impact on staff nurse recruitment and retention outcomes. Journal of Nursing Management, 17(3), 302-311. (IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS THOSE LINKS USE THE BOOK MENTIONED ABOVE)
- is part of the assignment will be continued for the following 3 weeks, one section will be a continuation of the assignment of the week before until we put it together as one document.
Clinical Assignment: Quality Improvement Project Part 1
- Identify, describe, and assess a clinical issue that to be addressed in your Quality Improvement Project.
- Identify the clinical issue that will be the focus of your Quality Improvement project.
- Provide rationale for the need to change the status quo.
- Identify best practices from the literature related to the issues.
- The paper is to be clear and concise, and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- The paper is to be 2 – 3 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- Journal articles and books should be referenced according to current APA style
- Your paper should be formatted per current APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions
- Note: this is first part of your Quality Improvement Project. You should revise/improve your work based on your professor’s feedback. In module 7, you will be putting all the parts together to complete and submit your final project.
Requirements: as instructed
Thirdly, the organization should introduce informational forums and programs which encourage the nurses to share their inputs about their daily duties, scheduling, and hospital policies. Such forums encourage open communication, where the employees share their views on areas the leaders should improve to achieve positive outcomes. This is an effective strategy that keeps the administrators and nurse managers aware of issues affecting the nurses’ performance and design solutions collaboratively. For instance, nurses emphasize talking about burnout due to the exhausting working hours, which encourages the leadership to take action (Laschinger et al., 2009). However, if an organization lacks such forums for open conversations, the nurses feel less valued since their inputs are not considered.