Answer 5 of the 6 following questions and submit to the correct Dropbox. General instructions for completion of the Nuts and Bolts assignments are in the General Assignment Instructions section of the Content area. Please number your answers to correspond to the number of the applicable question.
- Define the following terms: real/physical evidence, testimony, documentary evidence, demonstrative evidence, direct evidence, and circumstantial evidence.
- Explain how the Anglican System influenced the rules of evidence in the United States. What is the main difference between the rules of evidence in the Anglican and American systems?
- Discuss the adoption of the Federal Rules of Evidence for Federal courts and explain to what extent the Federal Rules of Evidence are being adopted in state courts. In answering the question, please explain the role of Congress and the Supreme Court in the adoption of the rules.
- What is the difference between an objection based on the form of the question and an objection based upon the substance of the question?
- What effect do the decisions of the United States Supreme Court have upon state rules of evidence? Explain your answer.
- Is direct evidence, such as eyewitness identification, more reliable than circumstantial evidence? Explain your answer.
- This is a formal writing assignment; therefore, you must cite all references, and all written assignments must comply with proper English grammatical and spelling rules. No specific citation style is required; however, you must use quotations when appropriate and include enough information to sufficiently identify your source(s). If quoting a reference verbatim, you must also include the page number. Please cite your source after each answer; one reference to the text at the end of the assignment is not sufficient. Failure to cite sources or improper citation of sources will result in a one-point deduction per answer. Our Stafford Library has an excellent guide on Citing Sources to guide you. Formal writing style also requires that, except for bona fide emphasis, your work shall be in prose and not in “bullet” format. Complete, grammatically-correct sentences are expected.There will be deductions from a student’s written assignment if the vast majority of the assignment submission consists of cut-and-paste, verbatim material from sources, even if you cite the source.
Requirements: 2 pages
The state legislature generally imposes state rule of evidence in establishing the admissible evidence based on the relevance of the offered evidence. On the other hand, supreme court justices rule on cases that have a significant legal and political impact. Therefore, the opinions issued by the supreme court have a significant impact on society. Therefore, the cooperation of citizens, police agencies, and other key institutions like churches is required (Holden, Keane, & Lilley, 2021). Therefore, any state rule evidence can be overruled if the U.S supreme court finds no relevance in its legal and political significance. That is because any adverse supreme court ruling can impact the court’s reputation, leading to a loss of public esteem and decreased legitimacy.