intervention for a specific population (women
he purpose of your Signature Assignment is to apply the forensic psychology diversity information obtained throughout the course to the development of a culturally competent forensic psychology program. Your program must address diversity, but you can choose which setting you want it to be implemented in. Examples include cultural diversity curriculum for law enforcement, culturally competent forensic interview format, remediation or intervention for a specific population (women, children, minorities, mentally ill, substance users, etc.).
Your program proposal should:
- Explain the purpose of your program, specifying the need for services. Identifying a current gap in services may be helpful, or you can model your program off an already developed approach.
- Provide background information (population served, problem it is addressing, etc.) about the program.
- Describe the organization of the program. Who will run it? Where will services be implemented? How long is the program? Who is incorporated (parents, family, community engagement)? If it is an intervention, provide the structure of the sessions.
- Develop a plan for implementation. How long will it take to implement?
- Discuss any ethical, legal, and moral concerns that may arise
Length: 12-15 pages
Your program should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic.
victimization presents negative impacts to the victims where most of them are more likely to certain physical injury or mental health issues. Immediate or long-term impacts of domestic victimization towards women can result in suicidal behaviors or depression. During the Covid 19 period, the number of VAW in the US rose at a higher rate. Jetelina, Knell, & Molsberry (2021) explain that the emergence of the Covid 19 pandemic led to the establishment of various health safety measures, including staying at home to contain the spread of the infection. However, the stay-at-home measures led to an increase in stress. The stay-at-home policy exposes women to domestic violence. Therefore, Better Life Support Program (BLSP) is a charity program aimed at helping women victims of domestic violence. Compared to their male counterparts, women are more likely to experience domestic violence.