This assignment provides you with an opportunity to think critically about business ethics, business relationships, leadership, and how each contributes to an organization’s overall culture. Write a 500-word reflection paper by addressing each of the following items:
- How does ethics impact business relationships within an organization?
- How can leaders and their leadership styles impact the ethical practices within an organization?
- How does ethics impact an organization’s overall culture?
- Based on what you have learned in this course, how would you describe your approach to business ethics (i.e., What are your principles? What is your guide?)?
- Conclude with a reflection on how the insights you gained from this course might affect the way you view your actions and thoughts in the future.
Your essay should be at least 500 words in length, double-spaced, and written in Times New Roman, 12-point font. You will not need a title page or a reference page, as this paper is all about your thoughts.
Requirements: 500 words in length
These are the three things I am like to consider when I find myself in a dilemma. For utilitarianism, I often find myself asking how my actions or decisions will impact those around me and if a majority will benefit from them or not. I am more inclined to choose that which will benefit most people. Secondly, I also base many of my decisions on the virtues I hold in esteemed such as integrity, honesty, and kindness among others. According to Kalshoven and Taylor (2018), the virtue approach to ethics considers the means more than the end. Finally, justice is a fundamental guide in my ethical decision-making. I believe that all people must be treated equally despite their differences.