Write an 500 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least two (2) sources in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Describe the case that defined you as a nurse.
- What happened, how were you involved?
- How does this case still affect you and your practice?
- What steps have you taken to overcome the stress of this event? (Remember to protect patient privacy).
- Explain the importance of debriefings.
- If a debriding would happen in your workplace who would be involved, what would be discussed, who would lead the debriefing, where would it take place?
Requirements: 2 pages
Debriefing is the process of reviewing information and performance. Debriefing is essential because it offers healthcare members an opportunity to re-examine clinical practices, discuss the team performance, identify improvement places and develop strategies that can improve performance through the reflective learning process. If debriefing were to happen in the workplace, all individuals involved in the distressing situation would be involved, including me (Lee, Lee, Kim, Choi, & Ko, et al., 2020). In healthcare, debriefing involves discussing job performance, stressful events that people have gone through, and how they overcome them. In most cases, they are led by attending physicians, mostly clinical team members, and they occur within healthcare. The process allows medical team members to analyze situations and develop processes to improve the subsequent patient experience.