- Describe a clinical situation, in detail. (Who was it, when did it happen, what happened, what caused it to happen, where did it happen, how did it happen).
- What feelings, prejudices, and biases did you experience during the interview?
- How did you manage these anxieties, feelings, prejudices, and biases?
- What assumptions did you make about children or families with mental illness?
- What awareness did you develop during your clinical experience?
- Describe how you changed as a result of your clinical experience?
- Describe how will this clinical situation impact your advanced nursing practice?
Requirements: Power point 10-15 slides
vFeelings, biases, and prejudices can, at times, manifest themselves subconsciously.
vThey can undermine the provision of high-quality and safe mental healthcare.
vWatching Maria crying made me sympathetic to her situation and what she was experiencing.
vI also felt biased towards Maria’s parents, considering they were oblivious to the guilt she was feeling for the marital problems they were dealing with.
[Slide 7 of 14]