Implementing a new computer system in an organization
Presentation as a project manager implementing a new computer system in an organization
You are a project manager assigned to implementing a new computer system in an organization:
- Why is it important to understand usability, configurability, and interoperability? Should these concepts outweigh the underlining cost of the new system? Which system do you recommend and why?
- During phase one, you are selecting a team. What characteristics are important to consider when selecting a team?
- During phase two the following principle was discussed, “lead with culture, determining where the resistance is,” and then, engage all levels of employees (Sipes, 2019, p. 161). What does this principle mean to you and how can you implement this principle?
- How will you handle physician and other key professionals’ resistance to change and using the new system?
- Discuss possible pitfalls during the implementation phase and how you can avoid them?
- Describe your personal experience with automation and new information systems.
- Be sure to include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.
The presentation aims at explaining matters relating to the implementation of a new system of medical tablets within the work environment. An elaboration on the traits that should be considered when forming and running a team of employees in a group is also given. From such teams, challenges may arise from some members. The presentation, therefore, offers an elaboration of the possible approaches to address cases of workers who may not be comfortable with the new system. Besides worker dissatisfaction, other potential challenges towards implementation are consequently given. I have also included personal experience with automation and new systems within the work.