Read the file and write 350 words and when you done I will send you my classmate’s post to reply in 150 words.
- Discuss one aspect of your client’s culture that you think has had an impact on your case. What made you select this particular aspect? How is this a strength for the client?
- What client(s) is poverty a presenting concern for? What makes you think this?
- In what ways would a social worker be able to advocate for your client’s civil rights/social justice? How would that help your client?
- What is one question that you have about your case study/client and its relation to this week’s module material?
- What similarities and difference do you see between yourself and the case study client? Why might it be important to be aware of our similarities and differences in social work? How does your own life experience shape your opinion about this case?
– Please ensure that you respond to at least one peer in addition to your own post! Be sure to include critical thinking and thoughtful feedback in your response to ensure you earn the full amount of points in your post.
Your replies to peers are expected to encourage and extend the discussion as it relates to the prompt for this module. This can include things like asking open-ended (not yes/no) questions, making counter points, working together to agree or disagree with the course text and each other, etc.
Appropriate peer replies should not simply affirm or close the conversation. This can include things like asking yes/no questions or saying “great job” or “I like your answer” without additional substance.
Empathy is a crucial component of social work, and this has driven me to draw parallels between my life and Margaret’s. On similarities, I have also experienced increased pressure during the Covid-19 outbreak, which brought many uncertainties. However, we differ in our stress handling approaches because I prefer staying in high-energy environments rather than removing myself from social engagements. My life experience shapes my opinion on this case. It helps me acknowledge that each person’s story is valid and that understanding their unique circumstances is key to assisting them to cope with challenges.