- You will use the five (5) sources you identified in your Milestone 1 assignment to address your chosen topic. Remember that for this milestone 2 assignment, you are, in essence, building your literature review (introduction section) for your final paper. A literature review is both a summary as well as an explanation of knowledge. This assignment is going to allow you to summarize, evaluate, and compare the original research you have found, and it will help orient your reader.
- Next, based on your understanding of each article, answer the following questions that pertain to essential literature review elements:
- Summarize the claims made by the authors of the existing research in the field regarding the topic you have chosen. (Make sure you explain the claims the authors made about their researched topic as well as the conclusions they reached).
- Describe the specific research designs used in the presented research and explain how these designs were used to address the research topic. For example, what were the specific methods used to address their research questions? What types of research design(s) were used (be specific)? (make sure you briefly include the number of participants, their demographics (gender, age, and so forth if the article provides them), and briefly explain where and how the research was conducted (the procedure).
- How did the research designs used by researchers help in conducting their research?
- Do you think the research in each of the articles was conducted in an ethical manner? Why or why not?
- What overall conclusions can be reached by you, based on your own review and presentation of these studies and references?
Two samples of how you should structure the information in your literature review are attached along with the rubric. Although the samples do not contain all of the information required for this milestone, it should give you an idea. Please follow the examples I have provided.
Guidelines for Submission: You will upload the paper as a Word document to Blackboard for grading and feedback. Your submission for this milestone must be follow APA paper guidelines. Your submission should not exceed 5-6 pages (excluding the cover and reference pages). It should include a cover page and reference page, be written with 12-point Times New Roman font and double spacing, and you will follow proper APA citation and reference format.
Any thoughts that are not your own MUST be cited in proper APA format. Direct quotes (short and long) MUST be cited and formatted following APA guidelines. Even if you paraphrase information, it MUST be cited. Papers are being evaluated through SafeAssign. Plagiarism will NOT be tolerated. If plagiarism is discovered, it will result in a grade of 0 for the assignment and possible disciplinary action. AU’s writing center can assist you if you are unsure. You can also use the following Purdue OWL link: https://owl.english.purdue.
Regarding the risk factors predisposing adolescents to cyberbullying victimization, Zhu et al. (2021) established that at the personal level, females were at a higher risk of getting cyberbullied compared to their male counterparts. Furthermore, adolescents dealing with mental health issues such as borderline personality disorder, sleep deprivation, depression, and eating disorders, were at a higher risk of getting cyberbullied. According to Zhu et al. (2021), spending extensive periods on the internet is another risk factor for cyberbullying victimization. For the situational risk factors, Zhu et al. (2021) argue that numerous studies have established the existence of a link between cyberbullying victimization and parental neglect, insufficient monitoring, parental abuse, and family dysfunction. Zhu et al. (2021) further assert that adolescents living in urban locations have a higher chance of becoming cyberbullying victims than their rural and suburban counterparts. For the cyberbullying personal level perpetration risk