Choose one public corporation in an industry with which you are familiar. Research the company on its own website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, the Strayer University’s online databases, the Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you address the following:
- Assess how globalization and technology changes have impacted the corporation you researched.
- Apply the industrial organization model and the resource-based model to determine how your corporation could earn above-average returns.
- Assess how the vision statement and mission statement of the corporation influence its overall success.
- Evaluate how each category of stakeholder impacts the overall success of this corporation.
- Use the Strayer University Online Library or the Internet to locate and include at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. (This is attached)
Also attached is the Writing Assignment Template with all of the instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is the following:
- Determine the impact of globalization and technology changes, strategic models, vision and mission statements, and stakeholders on a corporation’s success.
Requirements: OTHER | Capstone | 5 pages, Double spaced
Although Walmart has experienced significant growth and expansion globally, similar to other firms, it has been threatened by technological changes. Various categories of developments in technology have impacted the company. One of the technological advances is program applications, whereby the business has become creative in optimizing mobile application use. The Walmart pay application has generated customer traffic in the United States which has reached all the 4600 stores in the country. This technological advancement is an improved customer buying experience that facilitates store advertisements and offers increasing annual revenue. Also, Walmart has extensively utilized Big Data Analytics to develop personalized interactions with clients (Marr, 2017). This information has provided the company with insights into purchasing behavior, search interactions, and search interactions. Walmart has also automated the navigation process for clients by securing a patent on self-driving shopping carts that helps customers locate items on shopping lists.