- Discuss the following using 5 APA references
- Select a current article in healthcare legislation, or political action topic that addresses healthcare reform of workplace violence, staffing, Medicare for All, etc.). Locate such information from the Wall Street Journal or New York Times, or Kaiser Health News available online, or in the American Nurses Association or American Association of Nurse Practitioners political action website
- Describe the healthcare reform topic.
- What are the personal and societal costs of healthcare reform?
- Discuss your role as a nurse with an advanced degree in addressing this healthcare legislation/change., social change, leading change, negotiation style, etc.
- Discuss 5 actions you would take as an advocate and nurse leader in the health care reform topic.
Requirements: 2 pages
I will take several actions in advocating for this reform and as a nurse leader. Firstly, I will be on the frontline offering support to NPs in taking up the new responsibilities. In this case, I would encourage them to practice to the full extent of their clinical training and professional education. Secondly, I would advocate for more staffing to ensure work burnout is not an issue within my facility. As a result, nurses will be in a better position to provide quality care to all patients. Thirdly, I would advocate for safety for all. A secure working environment would allow nurses to take up responsibilities efficiently and effectively, while patients would develop greater confidence in the NPs and the healthcare facility. Fourthly, I would also advocate for patient’s rights, including the right to choose their care providers, et cetera (Gerber, 2018). Fifthly,