Interview a nurse manager to explore the external factors that influence decision making such as health policy, regulatory requirements, accreditation, and health care financing.
- Provide an overview of the role of the nurse manager interviewed. Summarize the information from the interview (do not report the interview question by question)
- Perceptions related to impact on health policy on decision. Perceptions related to impact of regulatory agencies on decision making. Perceptions related to impact of health care financing on decision making.
- Analysis of the interview supported by the literature
- .Submission Instructions:
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- The paper is to be no shorter than 4 pages; nor longer than 5 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Your paper should be formatted per APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions).
- Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to current APA style
Besides participating in hiring decisions, Mrs. Hernandez also indicated that she is responsible for staff development and evaluating nurses’ performance. Nurse managers play a vital role in staff development (Warshawsky & Cramer, 2019). According to Mrs. Hernandez, fulfilling this responsibility is essential to her, considering doing so enhances the quality and safety of care accorded to patients (Warshawsky & Cramer, 2019). To fulfill this responsibility, Mrs. Hernandez not only acts as a mentor to nurses, using her experience to improve the competency of the nurses under her supervision but also organizes training workshops and seminars. These training workshops and seminars are vital, considering they help nurses improve their knowledge and skills while exposing them to current evidence-based practices (Warshawsky & Cramer, 2019). By adopting this strategy, Mrs. Hernandez ensures that nurses working under her supervision are well-equipped to provide high-quality and safe care to patients.