THE ESSAY SHOULD INCLUDE RELEVANT NAMES, DATES, AND EVENTS. YOUR RESPONSE SHOULD CONTAIN 3-4 PARAGRAPHS OR MORE WITH ABOUT 4-6 DETAILED SENTENCES IN EACH PARAGRAPH. PLEASE TYPE THE NUMBER OF THE QUESTION YOU HAVE CHOSEN BEFORE TYPING YOUR RESPONSE.
CHOOSE ONE question only
6. What happened at the Battle of Little Big Horn and the Battle of Wounded Knee? List each separately and include important names and dates.
7. Which specific groups came to America as immigrants at the end of the 19th century, what facility did immigrants arriving in New York enter, and which group was singled out with a law to restrict their entry to the country? List each separately.
8. Who were Andrew Carnegie, J.P. Morgan and John D. Rockefeller, what industries did they dominate, and what were monopolies called at the end of the 19th century? List each separately.
9. Who was W.E.B. Du Bois, Booker T. Washington and George Washington Carver, why are they important historical figures, and how did they contribute to the nation? Be precise with names, places, and dates.
10. What happened at Haymarket Square, the Homestead Strike, and the Pullman Strike? List each separately and include important names and dates.
Requirements: 4 paraghraphs
John Davison Rockefeller was born in New York in 1839 and died in May 1937 in Florida. He was an American industrialist who started the Standard Oil Company, which dominated the American oil industry. His wealth began from selling hay, grains, meat, and other goods after he dropped high school. Through his small business’s success, he built his first oil refinery in 1863 near Cleveland in Pennsylvania, which became one of the largest refineries in the area after two years in business (Surdam, 2020). Together with other associates, they incorporated the Standard Oil Company (Ohio) until 1872, when it controlled nearly all the refineries in Cleveland. Rockefeller lived in the era when industries operated without much government interference as there were no taxes. Rockefeller built an oil monopoly ruthlessly, eliminating most of his competitors.