There are different implications of running a company that is within or outside of the European Union. If you were the head of HOME DEPOT firm based in the United States, please answer the following questions, providing the rationale behind your answers:
- Would you seek to acquire a company within the European Union or outside of it? Why?
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the choice you made.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages inherent in the option you did not choose.
- Explain why an MNC may invest funds in a financial market outside its own country.
- Explain why some financial institutions prefer to provide credit in financial markets outside their own country
- Use the following outline to complete the assignment: Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methods, Discussion, Conclusion, References, and Appendix
- No Plagiarism
Grading Criteria Percentage Deliverable requirements addressed; understanding of material and writer’s message and intent are clear 35% Scholarly research which supports writer’s position properly acknowledged and cited direct quotations may not exceed 10% of the word count of the body of the assignment deliverable (excluded title page, abstract or table of contents if used, tables, exhibits, appendices, and reference page(s). Inclusion of plagiarized content will not be tolerated and may result in adverse academic consequences. 20% Critical thinking: position is well justified; logical flow; examples 20% Structure: includes introduction and conclusion; proper paragraph format and reads as a polished, academic paper or professional presentation, as appropriate for the required assignment deliverable 10% Mechanical – no spelling, grammatical or punctuation errors 10% APA – deliverable is cited properly according to the APA Publication Manual 5%
Requirements: 5-7 Pages
Planning is essential, especially when an organization wishes to expand its operations into a foreign location. One of the critical aspects of the planning process revolves around assessments of a strategy’s upsides and downsides. From the discussion in the previous section of the paper, one can easily deduce that acquiring a European company is better than failing to do so. This choice has its set of upsides and downsides. One of the advantages of this decision is that the company will get access to immense up-to-date data to inform its decision-making. According to Hill et al. (2017), unlike other regional blocks, the EU has a comprehensive guide that provides real-time updates on the economic conditions, the political climate, existing laws and regulations, and the investment opportunities in member countries.