After reading this week’s content, select 1 question to write about.
1. What does the term, “feminist art” mean to you? Give at least one example and post an image.
2. Discuss the differences between Modernism and Postmodernism as related to feminist art. Give at least one example and post an image.
3. Define “otherness.” Give at least one example as related to our studies this week and post an image.
- Remember to cite and reference your work using MLA style. Other quality references may be utilized in conjunction with the posted Resources.
- Be sure to respond to your fellow classmates and professor’s questions. Remember that the goal is to find best possible answers to the provided questions.
—————————— —————————— —————————— —————————— —EXAMPLE Need redo Curation and Exhibition Draft
The feminist art movement is perceived as a multi-disciplinary movement. This is because feminist artists are not unified by a single style or medium (Langfeld 3). Feminist artists often combined elements from different movements such as video art, conceptual art, and body art into their artworks (Langfeld 3). This allowed them to present messages about women’s experiences and call for gender equality (Langfeld 3). The end goal of doing this was to generate conversations between art viewers and artworks via the inclusion of a female perspective in the artworks (Langfeld 5). Feminist artists believed art should not solely be an object for aesthetic admiration. Instead, it should prompt viewers to inquire about the existing political and social atmosphere (Langfeld 5). By doing this, the hope was that these inquiries would prompt people to change society and create gender equality.