Essay Prompt: During the long nineteenth century, the Middle East underwent important transformations. Discuss the ways in which the nineteenth century transformations affected the lives of women and gender relations in the Middle East. In what ways did their lives improve? What challenges did they face? You must cite and discuss specific examples.
– For formatting instructions on the outline, refer to the attached PDF titled “Outline and Essay Guideline” (pages 1 and 2)
– Please review all the pages (pages 1-5) on the “Outline and Essay Guideline” PDF and follow all the instructions properly and carefully.
Instructions for Essay: (DUE April 26 at 11:59 pm PCT)
– 6 to 7 pages, 12 pt font (Times New Roman)
– For formatting guide and Instructions for the essay, refer to the attached PDF titled “Outline and Essay Guideline” (Pages 3 to 5). It is very important that all the instructions on this PDF is followed carefully and properly.
More Instructions: (VERY IMPORTANT)
– There are 9 attachments, 8 of which will be the resources that must be used for the outline and essay, and a link to a podcast. THESE 8 ATTACHMENTS AND PODCAST ARE THE ONLY SOURCES THAT ARE ALLOWED. ANY USE OF ANY SOURCES OUTSIDE OF THESE 9 ATTACHMENTS WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC FAILURE AND ACADEMIC DISHONESTY.
– I WILL ADD THE INSTRUCTION PDF, 4 OF PDF RESOURCES, AND THE PODCAST ON ORIGINAL SUBMISSION AND WILL MESSAGE YOU THE OTHER 4 RESOURCES.
– All sources must be cited multiple times in both the outline and essay. Please make sure when you are citing a source, that you try your best to spread out the pages that you are citing from WHEN POSSIBLE.
– Please Make sure to turn in the outline and essay by the given due dates.
AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY SOURCES OUTSIDE OF THE PROVIDED ATTACHMENTS AND PODCAST. MAKE SURE TO USE ALL OF THE 9 SOURCES MULTIPLE TIMES. YOU CAN USE THE POD CAST ONCE IF YOU WANT TO.
Requirements: 6-7 PAGES, DOUBLE SPACED
turn in the outline on time with all the resources used
1page outline needed by 2pm and 6pages essay
Any contact and interaction between different societies will lead to exchanging cultural values, beliefs, traditions, and practices. Typically, this exchange will be a two-way street, with each society adopting the values and practices they believe will add value to their lives. This type of exchange did not characterize the contacts and interactions between the Middle East and the Western world during the 19th century, considering Westerners tried to impose their values and practices in the Middle East and failed to embrace or adopt any of the Islamic values and norms practiced in the Middle East. According to Khater (2011), the superior economic, military, and political might of the French and the British compared to the Middle East made the contacts and interactions between them unequal. Due to this, these interactions became more conflictual than