For this assignment, you will write a paper on the pharmacological management of the disease. The paper should include a review of the:
- Select a disease process that is of interest to you.
- Pathophysiology of the disease state.
- Review of the pharmacological agents used for treatment and important information related to advanced practice nurse.
Each student will clearly write a title for this topic: For examples, “Pharmacological Effects of Anti-Hypertensive Medications in the Management of Hypertension”.
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- The paper should be formatted per current APA and 5-7 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Incorporate a minimum of 5 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
Requirements: 5-7 pages
Feel free to choose any disease process you prefer.
Medication adherence reduces the risk of falling sick again. However, most TB medications have side effects that may test patients’ resilience and cause many to abandon the regimen at the earliest instance. Stomach upset is a common side effect of medication, and a patient may experience nausea, vomit, lose appetite, or experience some or all of these effects. A numb or tingling feeling in one’s limbs is pretty common. Other side effects included blurred vision, yellowing of one’s eyes, releasing dark urine, or having itchy skin and rashes. Fever, fatigue, or an overall sense of weakness may last or exceed three days.